Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Greetings Fellow Beaders

I'm so happy to be part of this monumental endeavor. My name is Z'anne, like Suzanne without the Sue. I live in the wonderful, wet and green foothills of Mt. Hood in Northern Oregon. I've been beading for 15 years now, (wow is it the long?) and missed out last year because I didn't hear about the BJP until after sign ups. Glad I paid attention this year.

I decided to start small for the pages of my journal this year. My father-in-law was the kind of man to save everything, and I mean everything. After his passing we had to clean out all the various outbuildings and shops he had on his property and I came across this bag of filters. They were used respirator mask filters. Some had been washed, some were unused and some had been used and not washed. I went through the bag, found 12 of the cleanest and unused ones, washed and dried them and now have a "page" each month, ready to go. They are all about 3.25" to 3.50" in diameter. I'm glad I didn't throw out that bag.

Z'anne

4 comments:

beadbabe49 said...

hi z'anne! I'm from newport, over on the coast...glad to see another oregonian joining the bjp!
what an original idea! my husband has miltiple chemical sensitivities so he wears a respirator but I would never have thought of recycling the filters in that way! I'm really looking forward to seeing yours!

KV said...

Welcome, Z-anne -- can't wait to see what you do with those filters!


Kathy V in NM

Timaree said...

That's a really different idea for pages. Can't wait to see what you do with them.

Robin said...

Welcome, Z'anne... and thanks for telling us how to pronounce your name. I'm loving your filter idea! Robin A.