Friday, October 17, 2008

Running Crazy Behind

I've decided I've taken on too many projects -- go figure. And being the Libra, I try to give equal status and attention to them all. That explains the running crazy part. Anyway, I've decided that all of my BJP 'pages' are going to be pinkeepers like the ones I've been working on in a couple of swaps. I have the September fabric part sewn together and should start working on it this weekend. I know it is October, but I'll get there when I can. September's question to meditate is "What were you like when you were young?" I'll post a picture of my pieces to this puzzle this weekend, so all of you can at least see I've started. I am going to finish the round robins I'm in and then no more swaps or round robins until I get my BJP done. The BJP is for me, sounds selfish, but it is the truth. It will be my work for me. My time to stop and reflect. My chance to contemplate and grow.

6 comments:

Robin said...

Yes, Melodie, you're right on target here... make the BJP doable, put it at the top of your priority list, and do it totally for yourself, just as you want it, with time to stop and reflect, to contemplate and grow! Yay!!!

Robin A.

abeadlady said...

Melodie,
Not to worry if you get behind with your BJP for a while. If you read any of last year's blog, you can see many of us were behinders at one point or another. Just make sure it's something you love so you will enjoy every moment of it. It's well worth it.

Arline

KV said...

Before you know it, those BJP pages will get done and you will still be able to play with other projects. As Arline said, those pages will come along when you enjoy doing them.


Kathy V in NM

Margaret Sutherland said...

I love the idea of a question to meditate on while you work. If you don't mind, I intend to try it myself!

Anonymous said...

OOH I like that idea, too! I love to associate the words contemplate, reflect, and grow with this project.

Timaree said...

Sounds reasonable to me. A journal should be first and foremost, for and/or about you. The danger about things that are just for you though, is that we tend to do everything else first. I'm certainly guilty of that.