Thursday, October 16, 2008

October piece finsihed!

I can't believe I've actually finished October this early in the month. Of course it helps that I don't like to completely cover my fabric with beads! I like to feature the color of the ultrasuede in the background. (Is that an excuse or a design feature? hmmmm)

This month's word was circles. You can see my finished piece here. I love the colors and the flow of the beads. I tried a few new stitches and did a few that I just made up (though I'm sure they are not original!). I've learned to not be afraid of ripping out, changing my mind, and enjoying the project just for the joy of doing it.

I've decided to add backing in the same ultrasuede color and adding a picot edge. Eventually, I'll sew them all together with beads. Next month's color will be....not sure yet! Whatever the color, I'll be thinking about my good friend Jill, who will lose her battle with breast cancer soon.

No comments: