Sunday, May 24, 2009

Double Infinity -MAY done on time!!




I bought a FQ of the fabric awhile ago because I simply LOVED the print. So once again, i really didn't 'create' my block, but rather interpreted the fabric. This seems to be where my talent lies, so I'm sure i'll do it many time over!! With the placement of each bead, the form simply evolved. I had changed the orientation at one point, but once i was done, i returned it to the original perspective. Since there is so much depth to the piece, i needed to make an extra thick picot edge. Maybe one day i'll actually learn to do this properly!! I must say, putting the ultrasuede back on sure is a lot easier now! Hope you like it too. Here is the link to Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/30235567@N07/3559822095/

4 comments:

Marty S said...

I really like this one. I tried to visualize what the fabric originally looked like, but I couldn't get past the beautiful beading. I went back to look at your other pages, too. They're a stunning collection.
Marty S
Crackpot Beader

Robin said...

Wow! You really worked fast... wasn't it just a few days ago that you posted April? I like both of your spring pieces very much. Great picot edge!!! I don't know what "proper" is... If it looks good and suits the piece, which this one does, it's proper in my books! Robin A.

Celticat said...

The zig-zag of the pink flower is a lovely touch! I'm also curious to see waht the fabric looked like under this - the flowers are fantastic!

-That Celticat Chick

pam T said...

Love this! Awesome colors and great beading!