Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Double Infinity - Aprils up - just a little late!


ABOVE IS MY FIRST CRAZY QUILT BLOCK CREATED FOR A CLASS ON JOGGLES. LOTS OF BEADS!!

Okay, I know it's almost the end of May, but i finally finished my April piece a few days ago. My youngest came into my craft room and said "mommy - why isn't that done yet, you are always so on time!" Well, let's see, there was the embellished crazy quilt class i took on Joggles (see photo above - i just had to share it with you!!), and my 100 year old grandfather's passing to keep me busy. But i am already almost done with May, so i guess i've caught up! I started my April block with a lovely batik and used the flow of the colors to create an organic "Spring Blossoming". I really love the sparkle of the true cuts. Hope you like it too! Heres the link to get a better look up close. http://www.flickr.com/photos/30235567@N07/3546596332/in/pool-871696@N21

4 comments:

Marty S said...

Two stunning pieces. The golds and greens are not what I think of for crazy quilting, but that block is gorgeous. I'll have to re-think! I especially like the edging on the April piece.
Marty S
Crackpot Beader

a2susan said...

I totally agree with Marty - these are great pieces - so rich and colorful. Is that the first crazy quilt square you've made? It looks so professional to me.

Susan

pam T said...

Wow, gorgeous pieces! Great colors!

Karen L. Cohen said...

Totally love your crazy quilt. I just got into that, too. It's a perfect medium for bead embroiderers. Your colors are wonderful and you used great stitches.