Saturday, February 7, 2009

Double Infinity - Febrruary's done!


Okay - i must say i'm beginning to like the 4x4 size again! Not too sure what i wanted to do, so i let the beads decide! I'm really happy with the end piece - it is really a play on the softness of the heart. No harsh day-glo pinks here, they all meld into each other and shine. Also - I tried a new approach for adding my back suede piece - i tacked it directly to the cotton batting and found it was much easier to attach. However, i made it on the slightly small side so the piece takes on a bit of a curve which is okay since i kindof like it! See it here http://www.flickr.com/photos/30235567@N07/3261290356/in/pool-871696@N21 or here!


6 comments:

Marty S said...

It looks like a pillow full of love! Very pretty. I especially like the subtle differences in color.
Marty S
Crackpot Beader

pam T said...

Very nice! I love the colors, very muted but bright in their own way. great work!

heidibeads said...

This is so full of love and Valentines day! I really like it a lot!

Robin said...

Everything about this piece is soft and feminine... I LOVE it! Also, you're right that the slightly too small backing and resulting curve of the piece just adds to its femininity and beauty! Robin A.

flyingbeader said...

I like the curve of the piece. It reminds of a woman's back. Great design.

dot

Loomgirl said...

I love your piece - the tatted heart is something! I love the beads in with the tatting. Just beautiful!!
Cindy