Saturday, January 17, 2009

January block done - Double Infinity

My interest is growing in crazy quilts, so of course i've been working on a stash of fabric and fun things to use once i'm ready to begin that pursuit! I got both items (fabric and photo) early this month and they just seemed to be perfect for the New Year. Funny how things just work out :) So i went though all my beads (perhaps my favorite part!!) and got to work! I was not happy with the color intensity on the silk photo print (and since it is the first i've used, i don't know if they are all so soft) so i wound up beading the entire picture. My husband says "it's not done yet, is it? i don't see a thing!!" Well, it is done and it is a baby holding a bubble with 3 butterflies! I did the same picot edging on the photo and the piece itself using 11's which gives it a framed look. This is getting to be quite a bit of fun. Can't wait to see what everyone else came up with. http://www.flickr.com/photos/30235567@N07/3204099965/in/pool-871696@N21

No comments: