Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Double Infinity - December page completed

Well I seem to be having some technical difficult getting a posting up today. Please see my piece here - http://www.flickr.com/photos/30235567@N07/3115938619/ and bear with me! I got the focal bead from Sculpted Window. You should check her out - very talented. There are so many cool little things on this bead - look at the crystal stalks and all the tiny details - just lovely. The bead reminds me of a Goddess Mother and who is the highest of all mothers in the eyes of Christians, but the virgin Mary? So I decided to use her as the focal point of my December page. I am also a mother of December - my youngest was 7 on the 12th!!! And also, the last time both my parents opened their eyes was while receiving final blessings from the church when the words "Mother Mary" were spoken. The rest of the piece just created itseld in muted metals and iris beads, with quite a few fire polished thrown in for sparkle. I just love the feathers, although they were hard to photograph. I took the bead to the fabric store and walked around 3 times before deciding on the sparly golden black knit. I simply put some black interfacing behind it before attatching it to the Stiff Stuff so it was easy to work with. Hope you have a lovely holiday season!

5 comments:

Marty S said...

Gorgeous! The combination of the focal bead and the feathers is amazing. I love it!
Marty S
Crackpot Beader

Celticat said...

Beautiful goddess! The edging is perfect, too!
-That Celticat Chick

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Wow! Very Cool Piece!! I have a focal bead of that type but haven't determined how I want to use it yet. Yours is beautiful.

heidibeads said...

This sure does have a wow factor - the center piece, the feathers and the beading - Beautiful.

flyingbeader said...

WOW, the fibers really enhance the face cab you used. I like how you used the square beads with the seed in your picot finishing. Lovely
dot