Monday, July 27, 2009

Crazy Quilt piece for June

My June piece is done and now on-lien. Will not finished my July one on time, but that's the way it goes. I guess I missed the poll as I don't get on the blog often, but I have finished 10 pieces so far and plan to finish all 12. I just love this project. It gives me the impetus to do something new and stretch myself. So, here is my June piece - a crazy quilt with 4 types of embroidery - bead (of course!), hand, machine and ribbon. And I dyed my own ribbon this time - way cool!!!!

I'd like to show another piece I finished - it's for The Beadin Path's Challenge of The Ugly Bug Ball. As you can see, I really like the challenges and projects.

5 comments:

Robin said...

Both your beautiful NOT-ugly bug and your gorgeous crazy quilt/embellished BJP piece are over-the-top with excellent, creative techniques! WOW!

KV said...

Gorgeous work, Karen!


Kathy V in NM

pam T said...

very lovely!

Anne Marie - Toronto said...

This one is just spectacular as well. I love crazy quilting.

pam ehlers stec said...

This piece is so wonderful! The beautiful embroidery and different fabrics are so lovely to look at. Your creativity is really inspiring!