Thursday, March 12, 2009

Double Infinity -March Completed




This month's panel is a minimalistic approach to Spring. The photo was hard to capture, but it is a fairy awakening a baby fairy in a spider web and a few flowers. The leaves are 'velvetized' with a Marvy pen (which melted my firline and casued me to rebead - see previous entry!) I really like it. The photo was printed on a heavy cotton so you can see the texture of the fabric. The two rows of ribbon on the left were necessary since i cut the print a little small :) The orange charlottes are just gorgeous in person. Hope you like it! BTW: I've ordered more of the matte silver 6's so i can finish up, but wanted to get this posted so I can focus on my CQ class. See you all next month! I was able to clean up the picture a bit on the FLICKR site : http://www.flickr.com/photos/30235567@N07/3349933934/in/pool-871696@N21


6 comments:

Robin said...

What a lovely idea for spring! I especially love the notion of the baby fairy in the spider web. Also the ribbons down the side, although a "fix" for a problem, really add a lot. Great job! Robin A.

pam T said...

Gorgeous!

heidibeads said...

I do love fairies and this is so sweet. Lovely beading. Sorry about the melting fireline but it came out wonderful.

KV said...

This is so lovely . . .


Kathy V in NM

Marty S said...

A beautiful page! I like the ribbon on the side--it belongs there.

One question: What is velvetizing with a Marvy pen?

Marty S
Crackpot Beader

Double Infinity said...

Marvy is a manufacturer and they made a brand of pen called Puffy Velvet fabric markers. They look and work just like a regulal marker, but if you apply heat(and hence the melting of my fireline!) they PUFF up and get the look and feel of velvet. Very nice textural effect. You can kindof see that the leaves look different from the fabric background.