Monday, November 3, 2008

Your assistance, please

As I've said in the past, I'm not much of a beader...yadda, yadda, yadda, I know!

One of the downsides of that is that I'm not familiar with a lot of the beads out there in the universe, what they're called, etc...so I'm not really sure what to ask for when looking for something.
I'm trying to find some more of these...the bigger ones have 2 pairs of holes, and I *think* they may be shell of some sort. They're very pearlescent, and kind of shift between purple and green with some grey thrown in for good measure. (actually, the color isn't as important as much as what they are!)
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

3 comments:

Sweetpea said...

Hello ~ I think this might be a picture of what's called "Keshi pearls" which are a form of freshwater pearls...but they may also be "stick" pearls.

Here's a link to one source with good pictures:
http://www.abeadstore.com/organic_index_pearls

Anybody else know for sure...?

Christi, in WA state

beadbabe49 said...

They're indeed freshwater pearls, dyed green iris and I think you're right, christi...the smaller ones seem to be keshi and the longer, thinner one's on the left might be stick, although I thought stick pearls just had a single hole, but I'm not sure at all about that.

The bad Liz said...

Pearls - lovely, wonderful pearls....Yummm